Paubox gives back to the Mission this past Tuesday (12/08/2015), by doing its first spam musubi and socks giveaway!!
As with any endeavor, there was some prep work involved for our inaugural Mahalo to the Mission event yesterday. Our goal was simple: Give away 100 spam musubi and 100 pairs of socks to the folks in our neighborhood.
Step 1: Shop for Spam Musubi
On Saturday, we went shopping for spam musubi. We found everything we needed at Pacific Supermarket in South San Francisco. Materials included:
- 15 cans spam
- 1 box brown sugar
- 3 bottles furikake
- 3 packages nori
- 2 bags calrose rice
- 1 bottle shoyu
Total cost came out to $114. Not bad.
We reached an important milestone for any SaaS business with our 100th customer in November. Our one-year-old startup has seen quick growth by averaging over 20% month-over-month.
With that growth has come a lot of change, the biggest being a move from Honolulu to San Francisco in February. I wanted to celebrate our 100th customer and say mahalo to our new home in the Mission District of San Francisco by giving away 100 spam musubis and 100 pairs of socks today.
We’re happy to announce that we’ve added HTTP/2 support to Paubox!
HTTP/2 benefits include:
- Enhanced Security: HTTP/2 is closely tied to SSL and TLS. HTTP/2 speeds up SSL-enabled websites and makes web applications simpler.
- Increased Speed: Applications running over HTTP/2 experience improvements in performance over secure connections.
- Multiplexing and concurrency: Several requests can be sent in rapid succession on the same TCP connection. This eliminates the need for multiple connections between the client and the server
- Stream dependencies: the client can indicate to the server which of the resources are more important than the others
- Header compression: HTTP header size is drastically reduced
- Server push: The server can send resources the client has not yet requested