This morning I moderated a panel at YTH Live 2017. It was entitled, "YTH Live PartnerChat: HIPAA Compliancy and Protection Online." I was joined on stage by Bhupendra Sheoran, Executive Director of YTH and Dan Miller, CEO of Level Therapy.
The scope of the panel was to:
- Provide an overview of HIPAA guidelines for mHealth and technology interventions.
- Sharing our experiences working with online privacy and health information under our respective umbrellas as nonprofits, providers, and techies.
- Sheoran and Dan sharing their experiences and customer success around using Paubox.
Level Therapy and Paubox
On stage, we discussed how Level Therapy uses Paubox for their corporate email encryption and how they've achieved success in their workflow. Dan mentioned how he loved the ability of Paubox to remove friction from encrypted email while still maintaining HIPAA compliance.
SEE ALSO: Customer Success Stories: YTH
YTH and Paubox
PrEPTECH is an YTH online program and research study that's an integrated tech approach to increasing pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) uptake among young gay and bi men. In 2012, the US Food and Drug Administration approved daily oral intake of tenofovir and emtricitabine for pre-exposure prophylaxis to prevent HIV infection in high-risk individuals. It offered a unique opportunity to curb the rising incidence of HIV infection in high-risk groups, particularly among YMSM.
SEE ALSO: Customer Success Stories: Level Therapy
Getting ready to start the panel with Bhupendra Sheoran of YTH
Here are some of my takeaways from today's PartnerChat panel:
- Our Security Page was helpful to YTH when submitting paperwork for their grant.
- I did not realize that most patient authorization forms for children and teens are typically signed by their parents. This has the unintended result of granting parents access to their children's medical information, which may not be desired by the teen or child.
- I was thankful for the healthy amount of questions asked by the audience.
Matthew Holt: The guy wearing orange
Matthew Holt chatting with Dan Miller
I noticed a fellow in the audience wearing an orange shirt and matching orange shoes. Turns out it was none other than Matthew Holt, co-chairman of Health 2.0 and digital health conference power attendee. We briefly caught up on topics such as their recent acquisition by HIMSS. Matthew also mentioned how often he sees cool technology built on shoestring budgets at YTH Live conferences.
SEE RELATED: HIMSS acquires Health 2.0 conferences [Healthcare IT News]
Selfie with Matthew Holt
About YTH Live 2017
YTH Live is branded as the premier conference for trailblazing technology that advances youth health and wellness. Each year the brightest minds in youth advocacy, health, and technology gather at YTH Live to showcase what works, share ideas and learnings, and launch new collaborations. This year YTH Live is at Bespoke in San Francisco from May 7th through the 9th.
@YTHorg full house today :)
— Hoala Greevy (@HoalaGreevy) May 8, 2017