Using the Office 365 Exchange Admin Center, it’s possible to configure Spam Email Filtering for all users in an Office 365 environment.
This would apply to customers using Office 365 for their email platform and Paubox as their HIPAA compliant email solution.
Here’s how to do it.
Create an Office 365 Transport Rule to Filter Spam Emails Based on Paubox Header Information
- Login to the Office 365 Exchange Admin Center using Admin-level credentials.
- Click Mail Flow then Rules
- Click + and then select Create a new rule…
- In the proceeding pop-up window, name the rule Paubox Bulk Email then click More options…
- Under *Apply this rule if…, select A message header… > includes any of these words.
- Next click Enter text…, type Subject, then click OK
- Now click Enter words…, type Subject: *****SPAM***** and click +. You must click the + button for the entry to take effect.
- You should see a screen similar to the one below. Next click OK.
- Under Do the following… select Modify the message properties.. > set the spam confidence level (SCL)
- On the next screen, set the Specify SCL drop-down box to 9 and click OK.
- Your screen should look similar to the one below. Next click Save.
Congratulations! You have successfully used the Office 365 Exchange Admin Panel to send emails identified as spam by Paubox directly to your end users’ respective Junk Mail folders.