Method Versus the Product – Lessons on Innovation from Outside Healthcare
I was able to sit in on Joshua Newman's keynote speech on Lessons on Innovation from Outside Healthcare. Joshua is the Chief Medical Officer and General Manager of Healthcare at Salesforce. I first saw him speak at Dreamforce 2015.
HIMSS Keynote Address: Method Versus the Product – Lessons on Innovation from Outside Healthcare
I like that he continues to reinforce that 65% of patients surveyed want their doctors to email and text them. I also liked his slide from the early days of Salesforce.
Uniting Tribes and Democratizing Data – The Art of the Data Governance DealI also attended Uniting Tribes and Democratizing Data – The Art of the Data Governance Deal, which was moderated by Sherri Douville. Joining her on the panel were:
- Dr. Josh Tamayo-Sarver, VP of Informatics for CEP America (it was his birthday btw)
- Steve Barlow, Co-founder and EVP of Client Operations for Health Catalyst
- Kristen Wilson-Jones, Chief Technology Strategist at Sutter RD&D
Leveraging AI & Machine Learning for Precision Medicine & Population HealthThe final panel was Leveraging AI & Machine Learning for Precision Medicine & Population Health, which was moderated by Prashant Natarajan, Healthcare Product Director at Oracle. Joining him on the panel were:
- Oscar E. Streeter, MD, FACRO, Center for Thermal Oncology
- Mitesh Rao, Director of the Center for Advancing Patient Safety and Emergency Medicine Professor, Stanford Healthcare and School of Medicine
- Bob Rogers, Chief Data Scientist for Big Data Solutions, Intel Corporation
- Zeeshan Syed, MD, PhD., Clinical Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Stanford University
Paubox Nerf Basketball
We setup a Nerf Basketball game at our booth and as we'd discover, it was a resounding success. We originally got the idea from our friend Scott Nelson of Big Controls. Thanks Scott!
Paubox Nerf Basketball
Paul Petronelli of Medifies
Nerf Basketball from beyond the arc
The half court shot was popular
Evan Fitzgerald with Nerf Basketball finalist Omid Tahernia
Nerf Basketball Playoffs
Paubox Nerf Basketball finalists shake hands
Ryan Kelly with a winning strategy
Each finalist was given six shots. With the entire room hanging in suspense, Ryan Kelly edged out the field with 4 out of 6 six shots made. He took home the grand prize, a bottle of Glenfiddich 18, Single Malt Scotch Whisky. We both had ear-to-ear grins during the championship ceremony :) Great job Ryan!
Ryan Kelly, Paubox Nerf Basketball Champion