Last December we hosted a winter networking lunch for our recipients
In January we opened the application window for the 2022 Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 31st.
As a recap, the primary objective of Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship is to encourage Native Hawaiians to pursue careers in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
The scholarship is recurring in nature. In other words, recipients receive $1,000 per year until they graduate. Last year we awarded nine recipients, triple what we did in 2020 when we awarded three. In 2019, Nick Wong was our inaugural awardee.
See Also: Paubox awards scholarships to Native Hawaiian college students pursuing STEM majors [KITV Island Television]
Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship Criteria
Micah Kane and Ryan Ozawa joined us for December's winter networking lunch at The Pacific Club
We are seeking applicants that meet these three criteria:
- Native Hawaiian
- Pursuing a STEM related major
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university
Benefits of the Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship
Kahikina STEM Scholarship advisors Blaine Kahoonei (Copado) and Donavan Kealoha (Startup Capital Ventures)
Here are the benefits of being a Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship recipient:
- Advisor network. We are building an informal advisor network of engineers, executives, investors, scientists, and entrepreneurs. The purpose of this network is to assist with internships, job placements, and career advice.
- Networking events. So far we've done lunches and Zoom events. We're looking forward to doing more of these as we exit the pandemic.
- Recurring scholarship. Our recipients get a $1,000 a year, every year, until they graduate (5 year max). The money is distributed to them, not the university or college.
See Also: Announcing the 2021 Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship recipients
See Also: Announcing the 2020 Paubox Kahikina Scholarship recipients
See Also: Announcing the Paubox Kahikina STEM Scholarship (Updated)