(photo credit: Ricky Sweet)
I stopped by the G2 Crowd booth during day one of SaaStr 2019 today.
Not wanting to be late, I showed up early to my 4pm meeting with G2 Crowd CEO, Godard Abel. Although we had exchanged encrypted emails (of course) in the past, this was our first time meeting in person.
Godard and I ended up hanging out at the G2 Crowd booth for nearly an hour today. Very cool.
The Paubox G2 Crowd CEO Review
Godard Abel dissecting the Paubox G2 Crowd Review page
It didn’t take long before Godard took a deeper dive into our G2 Crowd profile.
Here are my takeaways from Godard’s quick analysis:
- He was impressed by the way we’re delighting our customers
- 40 reviews is pretty good, but we should get more
- We may have too many 5 star reviews. It almost looks fake
- After I gave him a Paubox demo on my iPhone, he reconsidered his opinion of our preponderance of 5 star reviews 🙂
- He was himself delighted to see the way we feature the G2 Crowd logo for Highest Rated Email Encryption product at the footer of each page on our site. We’ve also been fortunate enough to achieve High Performer ranking on the three categories in their December 2018 report
- He invited me to come visit their San Francisco office, which I will follow up on later this month
We also talked about high schools in Hawaii, our HITRUST certification journey, the Pittsburgh Steelers, and of course the Patriots’ win last weekend over the Rams.
Godard Abel – G2 Crowd CEO
G2 Crowd is a peer-to-peer, business solutions review platform headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. They can be thought of as a Yelp for business software reviews.
The company was launched in May 2012 by former BigMachines employees, with a focus on aggregating user reviews for business software.
The company recently raised a Series C round of financing.