Today’s Paubox Weekly is 467 words - a 2 minute read.
Want to get this type of content delivered to your inbox every Friday? Subscribe to Paubox Weekly.
1. AI Front and Center: HIMSS 2023 Conference Highlights
The HIMSS 2023 conference in Chicago has been a whirlwind of insights and connections, highlighting the growing role of AI in healthcare and cybersecurity.
Why it matters: As AI becomes increasingly prevalent in the industry, understanding its implications and potential risks is crucial for healthcare organizations to maintain security, protect sensitive information, and deliver the best patient care.
- Day 1: AI takes center stage in transforming healthcare
- Day 2: Interoperability, telehealth and Paubox giveaway winners
- Day 3: AI, cybersecurity, and baseball
2. GPT agents in healthcare: what you need to know
GPT agents are AI systems that use a GPT model to perform tasks like generating text, answering questions, translating languages, or engaging in conversation.
Why it matters: Imagine having a GPT agent with the knowledge of say, WebMD, connected to your watch or phone, yielding realtime medical advice based on your activities.
3. Solving email delivery issues like bouncebacks
Email communication is essential for healthcare professionals, but one common issue is email bouncebacks, which can hinder patient communication and disrupt care and workflows.
Why it matters: Effective, HIPAA compliant email is essential for healthcare professionals. By understanding the causes of bouncebacks, you can improve your email delivery rates.
4. Preparing for an OCR HIPAA compliance audit
Upon receiving the audit notification, act quickly to set the foundation for a successful audit.
Go deeper: Here are a set of actionable steps your organization can follow to prepare for and manage the audit process while addressing each aspect in detail.
5. HHS Task Force announces new cybersecurity resources
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Cybersecurity Task Force announced new resources to prevent security failures and data breaches in the health sector.
Why it matters: The educational resources provided by the HHS task force follow multiple data leaks and cybersecurity failures.
- The HIPAA compliant scheduling app checklist. Link
- How to handle accidental HIPAA email breaches? Link
- Monument releases statement confirming it shared private data. Link
- Mount Nittany Health face allegations for website tracking. Link
- Jelly Bean settles False Claims Act allegations. Link
Good reads from aroud the web
- Stakes are 'incredibly high' for AI in healthcare, says General Catalyst's Maloney. Link
- Give roundworms some weed and they’ll get the munchies, study finds. Link
- Nine out of 10 beauty clinics breaking the law by advertising Botox. Link
- Hey Tech, It’s Time To Build. In Healthcare. Link
- Verizon Business and Cleveland Clinic to explore use of 5G network at new hospital. Link
Get featured on Paubox
Do you have strong opinions about the healthcare industry? Do you have ideas other healthcare professionals will find interesting?
Reach out and let's talk about it.