Yesterday I attended a lunch and learn with Amazon Web Services and Infor: "Using The Cloud To Improve Security In Healthcare." It was a pretty packed room to hear Todd Brock, Cloud Enterprise Architect for Infor and Oxana Pickeral, Global Healthcare Segment Leader for AWS.
Infor at a Glance
My Takeaways for HIMSS17 AWS Lunch and Learn
- There are 30,000 partners in the AWS Partner Network (APN).
- Infor has been with AWS over 10 yrs.
- 600% uptick in cloud sales year over year (Infor).
- 54% of healthcare organizaitons have little/no faith they can detect a breach.
- Panda group in China believed to be behind Anthem breach.
- Infor all in on the cloud and all in on AWS.
- FedRamp certification is a deep dive. Highest federal cert available.
- Infor Labs: Specific cloud expertise, 100% cloud.
- "The way to stay alive is by being in the cloud." Infor CEO
- Infor uses 3 different White Hat hacker firms for penetration testing.
- Info spent over $1B to rebuild entire solution set in AWS over past 5 yrs.
- Infor: 7,000 total customers, all but 10 in AWS cloud. 1,000 Healthcare customers.
- APN Best Practices: Architect Review; Climb tiers; have lots of customer success references that are industry specific; have a solid solution.
SEE ALSO: HIMSS 2017 - My Takeaways (Day 3)
SEE ALSO: HIMSS17 Orlando – My Takeaways (Day 1)
Scary Stats on Healthcare Security