Thanks to an invite from Arjun Arora, I attended a private dinner in San Francisco's SOMA district last night.
What's happening: Silicon Valley Bank, Trinet, and Escalon hosted a dinner for SaaS founders in a backroom at Marlowe.
Here are my takeaways.
Overheard in the room (sans attribution):
- “I was only half joking earlier, but buy bitcoin."
- Rather than an AI Terms of Service, I heard it referred to as an AI Constitution.
- Traditional outbound SDR sales are not working in today's post-COVID environment.
- Field events are working well post-pandemic; folks want to get back to normal.
- Re: remote work, you better have knowledge sharing in place and enforced from the top.
- "Leaders aren’t that good at distributing the rules.” (re: remote work)
- “The people management in a remote-first world takes more effort.”
The bottom line: As I've mentioned before, being headquartered in San Francisco allows me to level up faster as a tech CEO.
Enjoy the pics!
Arjun Arora rocking the black Pausox
I sat next to George Pai from Silicon Valley Bank
Marlowe - view from the outside
See related: HIPAA Compliant Email: The Definitive Guide