2 min read
Paubox SECURE @ Home is underway. With seven insightful panels from major players like Jeremiah Grossman , Bruce Snell , and Paddy Padmanabhan , day 1 was one for the books. It’s not too late to gain access to tomorrow’s panels with heavy hitters like Kelvin Coleman , executive director at the National Cyber Security Alliance , and James Plouffe , senior partner solutions architect at AttackIQ . Register for free here: pauboxsecure.com If you’d like to receive all panel recordings, including sessions from day 1, you can sign up for a paid ticket. Day 1 kicked off with a special announcement from our founder and CEO, Hoala Greevy. Paubox has successfully upgraded to TLS 1.3! TLS 1.3 provides Paubox and its customers with unmatched privacy and performance. This protocol offers a significant performance upgrade and has removed common vulnerabilities, strengthening overall security. Here’s a recap of today’s panels. Tune in tomorrow for more presentations, networking, and giveaway opportunities.
The Attack Surface of the Healthcare Industry | Jeremiah GrossmanPanel overview: Asset inventory, i.e., an organization’s attack surface area, is the next big thing in information security. Identifying all the Internet-connected assets an organization owns and which need to be defended can be an incredibly difficult challenge. Key takeaways:
- Multi-factor authentication will save your company from data breaches and security risks along with email security.
- Organizations that use Microsoft 365 are more than 3x as likely to experience a business email compromise when compared to Google Workspace.
- WordPress plugins can cause vulnerabilities if they are not regularly updated.
Alleviating the Fear in Preparing for Information Security Compliance | Ray Biondo & Cathlynn NighPanel overview: Many companies are behind the curve when it comes to preparing for information security compliance. Many don’t realize this until it's too late. Working with a compliance partner such as BEYOND LLC can help organizations prepare for an official compliance audit. Key takeaways:
- A readiness assessment is key to compliance.
- Most organizations underestimate how much a good-quality compliance assessment will cost.
- Openness with your compliance accessor helps alleviate pressure and helps uncover where compliance lapses are.
Securing IoT/OT Against Modern Threats | Bruce SnellPanel overview: This panel reviewed modern threats to Internet of things security. Bruce presented information about common vulnerabilities and examples of the current risks with such devices as smartwatches and modern cars. Key takeaways:
- Smart devices collect data that create a profile that could be used for fraud, exploitation, or robbery.
- Data collected from smart devices can be extracted and used against an individual.
- The “bring your own device” model creates a lot of security issues.
- It is both the user’s and the manufacturer's responsibility to avoid security breaches in IoT.
Regulation and Innovation in Healthcare | Carrie Nixon & Mike ParisiPanel overview: Innovation within the healthcare industry is a must. Without it, patients continue to be treated with outdated, routine technology. Regulatory laws can have a positive impact on healthcare innovation. An environment can be created that encourages businesses to develop and utilize new technology or business models that effectively serve patients’ needs. Key takeaways:
- Congress is the biggest barrier to reimbursement regulation and innovation in telehealth.
- Regulatory laws written over the last few years are so broad that they allow for many interpretations.
- Over the next ~14 months, many states could develop their regulatory guidelines and laws (along the lines of the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)).
- These days, government regulators are working with, rather than working against, technology companies to pass reasonable regulations that allow for innovation in healthcare.
Shiny Object Syndrome: Insuring Your Security Puzzle is Complete | Kurt HagermanPanel overview: Shiny object syndrome is the rapid and unchecked growth of disparate security tools that clutter security programs and limit their effectiveness. With over 5,000 security vendors and over 10,000 solutions on the market, it’s important to implement tools that work together to give you a complete security picture and not implement tools you don’t need. Key takeaways:
- Building a security system is like completing a puzzle, but security requirements are constantly changing, unlike a puzzle.
- Threat actors only have to be right once; security programs have to be right 100% of the time.
- To convince their bosses to purchase security products, CISOs should speak in terms of dollars—i.e., how much money they could save or lose by implementing/not implementing a particular tool.
How Consumerism, Technology & Pandemic Are Accelerating Digital Transformation | Paddy PadmanabhanPanel overview: Paddy’s latest book, Healthcare Digital Transformation: How Consumerism, Technology and Pandemic are Accelerating the Future , served as the base of this keynote presentation. The book focuses specifically on the challenges and opportunities for health systems in their journey toward a digital future. It draws from proprietary research and public information and interviews with over one hundred and fifty executives in leading health systems. Key takeaways:
- COVID-19 has accelerated the timeline for healthcare digital transformation.
- The Digital Maturity Model can be used as a framework inside and outside the healthcare industry.
- Transformation leaders must adopt an agile approach to executing a digital roadmap by leveraging existing technology investments.
How Paubox Email API Can Support Contact Tracing and Test Result Delivery Applications | Hoala Greevy & Nick WongPanel overview: Paubox Email API powers sending email at scale and is easily integratable with many existing modern web applications. Hoala Greevy and Nick Wong presented use cases and a demo of the product. Key takeaways :
- Paubox Email API requires no portals or passwords for patients to read a secure message.
- COVID-19 contact tracing and test result delivery are just two of the many use cases for Paubox Email API.
- This solution is secure, customizable, HIPAA compliant, and HITRUST CSF certified.
- Integration only takes minutes. You build, and Paubox maintains HIPAA compliance.
About Paubox SECURE @ HomePaubox SECURE @ Home is a virtual healthcare cybersecurity and innovation conference, bringing together industry leaders in a unique event to drive learning and discussion around the challenges of driving innovation in healthcare while keeping data secure. Registrations for day 2 are still available. Paid registrants will receive access to recordings of all live panels after the conference has ended. Both free and paid registrants will have access to all of tomorrow’s (October 22) live panel sessions. Keynote speakers for day 2 include:
- Kelvin Coleman, Executive Director of National Cyber Security Alliance
- James Plouffe, Partner Solutions Architect at AttackIQ
- Dave Ledoux, CIO at Nizhoni Health
Try Paubox Email Suite for FREE today.
Subscribe to Paubox Weekly
Every Friday we'll bring you the most important news from Paubox. Our aim is to make you smarter, faster.