The CDC considers contact tracing a key strategy for preventing further spread of the coronavirus. The goal is to identify people who don’t know they’re infected and encourage them to self-quarantine before they unwittingly infect others. Attendees at our upcoming virtual conference, Paubox SECURE @ Home, on October 21–22, will have the chance to learn how to leverage the Paubox Email API to build contact tracing applications and send test results at scale to combat COVID-19.
Why email is better for contact tracingWith Americans receiving an average of 2,000 robocalls per second, healthcare organizations face strong headwinds around secure patient outreach. This poses a problem for contact tracing efforts when people don't answer the phone if they don't recognize the number. However, there are alternatives. Our HIPAA compliant Paubox Email API can be used to send emails to people who have come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, and also to send them their test results. SEE ALSO: Best Practices for COVID-19 Digital Contact Tracing: Privacy, Ethics, and Cooperation A significant benefit of using email is that the message recipient doesn't have to download a specific contact tracing app in order to get the message; it simply arrives in the inbox, no password or portal required. In fact, a number of our customers are already using the Paubox Email API to communicate with patients about COVID-19, such as ZiphyCare whose lifesaving app sends emails containing protected health information (PHI) to patients. Attend this presentation on Wednesday, October 21 at 2:10PM PDT to learn how you can leverage the Paubox Email API to build your own application to help with contact tracing, share COVID-19 test results, and the like.
About Nick WongNick Wong is a software engineer at Paubox and an undergraduate at UC Berkeley studying computer science and entrepreneurship with an emphasis on ethics. His drive to create value in the health-tech space was originally inspired by the caregiving challenges his family experienced.
About Paubox SECURE @ HomePaubox SECURE @ Home is a virtual healthcare cybersecurity and innovation conference, bringing together industry leaders in a unique event to drive learning and discussion around the challenges of driving innovation in healthcare while keeping data secure. We will present valuable panel discussions with industry leaders, breakout community sessions on hot topics, and unlimited virtual networking opportunities so you can build relationships beyond the conference. Paubox SECURE is focused on generating relevant and meaningful content, discussions, and networking—not giving you a sales pitch. Keynote speakers include:
- Kelvin Coleman, Executive Director of National Cyber Security Alliance
- Jeremiah Grossman, CEO, BitDiscovery
- Kurt Hagerman, Principal Cloud Security Advisor at Oracle
- Paddy Padmanabhan, CEO at Damo Consulting Inc.
- James Plouffe, Partner Solutions Architect at AttackIQ
- Bruce Snell, Global VP Security Strategy & Transformation at NTT Security, co-host of the award-winning podcast “Hackable?”
- Melissa Bendana, Information Security and Risk Management, BlueShield of CA
- Marc Haskelson, President and CEO, Compliancy Group
- Cathlynn Nigh, CEO, Beyond LLC
- Carrie Nixon, Managing Partner, Nixon Law Group
- Michael Parisi, VP of Assurance Strategy & Community Development, HITRUST
- Dave Ledoux, VP of Technology Services, Nizhoni Health