I drove down to Menlo Park this afternoon in pouring rain to spend time brushing up our SaaS metrics with Rayfe Gaspar-Asaoka, Associate at Canaan Partners. Rayfe is also from Hawaii, which is definitely a plus in my book.
It’s been raining a lot in the Bay Area to start 2017, so I left SF with plenty of time to spare. I hate being late.
Rayfe and I spent about 90 minutes reviewing and brushing up our key SaaS metrics for Paubox. Here are some my takeaways from our meeting. Mahalo Rayfe!
Key SaaS Metrics – My Takeaways
- CAC can be thought of as sales & marketing payroll, commissions, ad spend, travel and conference spend divided by the number of customers signed in a month.
- CAC should be tracked monthly.
- Clearly define churn. Is it monthly or annual churn?
- Breakout SaaS Metrics stats to its own slide in our deck.
- Rayfe’s hoodie size: Large.