The first session I attended was by Aaron Ross: The Playbook To Re-Igniting Growth.
SaaStr Scale: The Playbook To Re-Igniting Growth with Aaron Ross – My Takeaways
Here are my takeaways from Aaron Ross’ presentation, The Playbook To Re-Igniting Growth.
- Skipping a step is a common error to scaling growth
- Some funds equate an increase of $1M in Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) to an increase of $12M in a company’s valuation
- Focus on 3 Primary metrics: More qualified meetings, more proposals sent, more deals won
- If one person doesn’t own it, it won’t happen
- Outbound will not work without dedicated people to it. It just won’t.
- Split account management (Customer Success) from staff (Sales) who close accounts
- You can’t scale leadgen without accurate metrics
- “Every leadgen dashboard I’ve seen lies.” (Aaron Ross)
- Outbound is really about the dashboard
- Audit or review every single outbound opportunity
- “If I don’t trust the metrics, I don’t know what to invest in.” (Ross)
- Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff originally didn’t trust outbound metrics because at Oracle, they were all fudged. It took 2 years to sway his opinion.
- Re: Outbound: “You don’t want hope, you want truth.” (Ross)
- Create “Revenue Team” Alignment: Close the Sales-Marketing Goal Gap
- Get one Revenue Leader who can speak both (Marketing and Sales) languages
- Have goals but not expectations
- “With Sales, if you can add more roles, that usually helps.” (Ross)
- What can you do to ramp leadgen? Use whatever is working for you.
- Absolutely do not have your SDRs doing both Inbound and Outbound job functions
See Also: SaaStr 2017: My Takeaways from Day 3