Last week we released two new features to Project Orca:
As a recap, Project Orca is our solution to the need we see in the market for HIPAA Compliant Email Marketing.
This week we released another addition, allowing customers to add email recipients to an email campaign.
This post is about our new Additional Email Recipients field.
Additional Email Recipients field
As you can see from the above screenshot, we added a new field called Additional recipient emails to the Send campaign wizard.
This new field allows Project Orca customers to add email recipients that may not yet exist as a contact. It can also be used to send an existing email campaign to a new contact.
Here’s a use case for this new field:
- On the first of the month, you create and send a monthly newsletter to your patients
- Then a week later, you sign up four new patients
- You can use Additional recipient emails field to selectively send that same newsletter to your new patients, without emailing your entire audience again
About Project Orca
As previously mentioned, Project Orca is our solution to the need we see in the market for HIPAA Compliant Email Marketing.
To provide context, here’s several macro trends in healthcare:
- The HIPAA industry is vast and its growth is accelerating
- Due to technical and regulatory complexity, a majority of email marketing vendors have no interest in signing a Business Associate Agreement, let alone providing HIPAA compliant email service
- As such, Email Marketing in US Healthcare largely does not exist
- The market however, repeatedly asked us to provide it
- So we went and built it