Post Date: 26 July 2019
Paubox is a fast growing San Francisco based B2B startup, providing the easiest way to send and receive secure HIPAA compliant email, Data Loss Prevention, and targeted phishing protection (ExecProtect), with over 2,000 customers.
Join our fun-loving and hard-working team. Bring your own nickname or else we’ll invent one for you.
This is a remote engineering position that does not require customer interaction. No commitment to being on-call is required though it’s highly appreciated in emergencies. We’re not stuck in feature/fire mode and you’ll be spending a good portion of your scheduled time preventing emergencies.
Why work at Paubox:
- We have a strong identity and culture that is Hardworking, Honest, Focused, and Fun.
- Enjoy health care benefits including dental and vision
- Combined 28 days of paid time-off plus holidays
- Stock options as an early employee
- Room to grow
- Great co-workers!
- Debian (Ubuntu) and Centos (Amazon Linux) Linux system administration
- BASH shell scripting
- Security awareness – iptables and/or AWS Security Groups, proper credential handling, safe SQL queries, and general ability to self-direct identification and remediation of security issues.
- Ability to balance the trade-offs of perfection versus development, commensurate with the company size as it grows.
At least 2 of the following skills:
- Database Administration (DBA) of MySQL/PostgreSQL on EC2 and RDS
- Ruby on Rails
- An understanding of spam filtering (DKIM, SPF, DMARC, ARC, clamav, spamassassin)
- Log file analysis of email flows using whatever tools or custom methods work for you.