Post Date: 15 November 2018
Location: San Francisco, CA
Paubox is the easiest way to send and receive secure, HIPAA compliant email. We are a rapidly growing B2B startup based in San Francisco, with over 1,500 paying customers in the US. We are on a mission to become the market leader for HIPAA compliant email.
We are looking for a full-stack or back-end engineer with strong AWS and Linux sysadmin skills needed to help us continue to scale.
This is a remote position.
Come join our fun-loving and hard-working team. Bring your own nickname or else we’ll invent one for you.
Why work at Paubox:
- We have a strong identity and culture that is Hardworking, Honest, Focused, and Fun.
- Enjoy health care benefits including dental and vision
- Combined 28 days of paid time-off, not including holidays
- Stock options as an early employee
- Flexible hours
- Room to grow
- Great co-workers!
- CS degree or equivalent experience.
- Industry experience and proficiency with most of the technologies listed below.
Technology skills needed:
- AWS VPC, EC2, EBS, RDS, Lambda, Route 53, and S3.
- Linux sysadmin (Amazon Linux AMI & Ubuntu), shell scripting.
- MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Practical understanding of object oriented principles, systems architecture and agile development.
- Ruby on Rails, Node.js.
- Bonus points for front-end experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the ins and outs of highly customized email servers.
- Contributing to feature development of existing products (HIPAA-compliant transactional email API, email data loss prevention, email archiving, email spam filtering, and admin control/reporting panel).
- Chipping away at replacing things we’re outgrowing with enterprise-capable successors.
- Building and managing microservices.
- Occasionally assisting Customer Success on their most challenging support escalations and implementations.
- Modernizing infrastructure management.
- Optimizing performance and improving redundancy of mail servers and their scaling groups.
- Auditing and improving architecture security as we work through HITRUST certification.
- You’re practical, down to earth, and know when things are good enough to meet objectives.
- You’re happy keeping your ambitions aligned with the team’s mission.
- You’re driven and have the self-discipline to stay focused on the weekly sprint, even when things get distracting.
- If you don’t know the answer, you’ve got the agency to go out and learn it.
- You’re easy-going and can roll with the punches of startup life.
- You’d like your work to have a big impact on a rapidly growing company.
How we roll:
- We practice scrum with weekly sprints.
- We like TDD.
- Our product development iterates rapidly on customer feedback.